"read" routine!

Hasmik Sarkezians hasmik@maker.com
Thu Dec 11 16:18:00 GMT 1997

Does anyone know what "read" routine does when a Ctrl-C is
issued??

My application starts a Tcl shell and if I issue a Ctrl-C from
the debugger it exits the program. I have debugged this to the point
that I think the "read" routine is not behaving like the "read" on the unix
system. The "read" on NT system returns a 0 (zero) and the Tcl application
treats that as the end-of-file and exits the program. Shouldn't the "read"
routine return some sort of error (EINTR)??

Thanks,

hasmik

-