newbie wants vi

Rick Moll rickmoll@mvp.net
Thu Dec 11 16:18:00 GMT 1997

Sorry for the newbie question, but I've just got the gnu-win32 tools
installed and I was disappointed that there wasn't any kind of editor.
I'm totally new to all of this, gnu-win32, my WinNT system, and GNU in
general.

I'm completely lost without a vi; what's the easiest way to get one to
use with the gnu-win32 tools.  I understand that there is a "vim".  Is
this a vi workalike?  If so where's the easiest place to get it, and
will it easily port to the gnu-win32 environment?

Thanks,

    Rick

-