problem with EGCS on gnu-win32 b18!! HELP

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 12 17:31:00 GMT 1997

root <William.Gacquer@obspm.fr> writes:
> Hi!
> 	When I compile a C++ code with egcs (over gnuwin32 b18) on win95, I get
> no errors. (the
> code works fine on my linux box). But when I run the executable, I get
> an error
> message telling me that I miss the "abort.dll" file. What the hell could
> this be due to?

Dumping egcs right over gnu-win32 b18 is probably idea, given that others
seem to be having trouble as well. One thing to watch out for is that you
CANNOT use import libraries (eg., kernel32.a or libcygwin32.a) that were
created with b18 tools. You must use the egcs supplied ones. If you're
using Sergey's Coolview, delete the libcygwin.a that came with coolview
and replace with egcs supplied one. If you're not using coolview, please
get back to me and we can figure out where the problem is.

Mumit
-