compiling coolview on W95.

Mikey jeffdbREMOVETHIS@netzone.com
Mon Dec 29 10:09:00 GMT 1997

In a copy of your linker script,
.../H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/ldscripts/i386pe.x
replace the .idata{} section with

  .idata BLOCK(__section_alignment__) :
  {
    /* This cannot currently be handled with grouped sections.
	See pe.em:sort_sections.  */
    *(.idata$2)
    *(.idata$3)
     /* These zeroes mark the end of the import list.  */
     LONG (0); LONG (0); LONG (0); LONG (0); LONG (0);
    *(.idata$4)
    *(.idata$5)
    *(.idata$6)
    *(.idata$7)
  }

and replace the .reloc{} section with

  .reloc BLOCK(__section_alignment__) :
  {
    *(.reloc)
     /* These zeroes mark the end of the reloc section.  */
     LONG (0); LONG (0); LONG (0); LONG (0); LONG (0);
  }

name the copy i386pe.xfixed or something similar
and use -T i386pe.xfixed on your link line to use that linker script.
or you could download and install

B18-patched-link-compat-ld.tgz
available at ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub/sdk
which has these and several other fixes,
(end of blatant plug ;^)

but just these 2 fixes will eliminate the need for dllfix.exe
and for fixup.o. to add an .idata$3 section to dll's. The first
change has been made to current sources, and that is why
your dll import list (.idata$2) isn't terminated properly.
and the dllfix.exe problem does exist on some versions of NT according to
comments posted to the list.

Why you are having problems with gcc <-> g++ I have no Idea,
have you make any changes to your specs file?