dos file names (what should I do)

Mikey jeffdb@netzone.com
Sun Feb 2 11:14:00 GMT 1997

See this patch

Since various utilities have trouble with the double-slash paths, I
recommend mounting all your drive letters.  One simple approach would be to
mount them in the root directory:

	mount d: /d

Unfortunately there are yet bugs in how mounted directories are handled.
 Have you ever tryed typing "ls /"?  I always get an empty directory
listing for this or any drive's root dir that is mounted (such as trying
"ls /d" or even "ls /d/." using the above example).  However, it works fine
for specifying files.

Note that if you want the mount points to show up in a directory listing,
you should do a "mkdir /d" before you do the mount.  However, this isn't
required.

I also think that cygwin.dll should be changed to use some better default
mounts than //x -- I think that /dev/x (or even /dev/dsk/x) would work
well.  These things don't have to be short since they can be mounted
wherever the user wishes.

..wayne..