getting off mailing list

Larry Hall lhall@rfk.com
Thu Feb 6 09:02:00 GMT 1997

At 11:18 AM 2/6/97 +0900, jong hyun park wrote:
>I'd like to get off this mailing list ...
>please help me...

There seems to be a flurry of these messages lately.  While I can understand
the need for some to be able to remove themselves from the list, it is
annoying that so many choose to send mail to the list to figure out how to
do so.  In the best interest of my own sanity and those that would like to
remove themselves from the list, I will remind everyone that this list is
administered through "majordomo".  At the time you added yourself to the
list (via majordomo), you received return mail which stated that you had
been added to the list and how to be removed in the future.  For those that
have misplaced that note, either send a message with a body of "help" to
majordomo@cygnus.com to get directions or I've provided an excerpt below from
the message I got when I joined (my address removed, of course).