Strange failure with CVS and diff

Shankar Unni shankar@chromatic.com
Thu Feb 6 20:53:00 GMT 1997

I've been trying to use the NT port of CVS 1.9.2 from ftp.cyclic.com,
with their port of RCS 5.7, and the GNU diff from Cygwin32 Beta 17.1.

I got a strange failure during a checkin: when RCS ran diff (with a
--rcs, I believe), some (all?) of the output came out on the TTY instead
of into the RCS file!! I've been unable to duplicate this by running
"diff --rcs" by hand, but can make this happen any time with "cvs
commit" on a modified file.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Or has anyone gotten this
combination to work? I don't have any trouble with the diff 2.7 port
that I downloaded from the same CVS site where I got CVS and RCS..

--
Shankar Unni                                  shankar@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research                            (408) 752-9488