professional use of cygwin32

Jerome Filliere jerome.filliere@vx.cit.alcatel.fr
Fri Feb 28 05:54:00 GMT 1997

Hello,

We've tested the Cygwin32 environment because we have to made some
important ports from Unix to NT.
The first step of our project is to have a making chain on NT like
Unix's.
For that, we use on Unix Imake we've successfully ported with Cygwin32
tools.

We need to know several things :
- can Cygwin32 be used for big developments, and have you experience of
big projects ?
- we've read that there would be a commercial version in the first half
of 1997 ; if it is right, when this product will be released ? There
would be other tools in this package ? What will be the commercial
conditions ?
- what do you think about other products like NutCracker ? What are the
plus and minus points between your product and NutCracker ?

Thank you very much.

--
Jerome Filliere - ALCATEL ALSTHOM RECHERCHE - NMU Division
tel : 0169631256 ; fax : 0169631474