Console escape char handling.

Gary Clark GaryC@mail.jeld-wen.com
Fri Feb 28 07:37:00 GMT 1997

It seems not.  I'm using a VT220 emulator (Reflections) and after filling
the screen with characters and doing ^[5;15r followed by ^[2J, the whole
screen is cleared.

What few notes I did find about the cs parameter also mentioned that it
is impossible to predict where the cursor will be after setting the
scroll region.

 ----------
From:  Sheik
Sent:  Thursday, February 27, 1997 10:22 PM
To:  Gary Clark
Cc:  gnu-win32
Subject:  RE: Console escape char handling.

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Gary Clark wrote:

> This is the termcap cs parameter.  It is used to set the scrolling area

> of the screen.  The first parameter sets the top line and the second
sets
> the bottom of the scroll region.  [1;24r will set scrolling for a full
24
> line screen.

   Does this also affect things like clearing the screen? say I have a
[5;15r   and then clear screen.  would the full screen be erased, or just
that region from 5-15?   (I am adding "r" into the fhandler.cc file now,
and I just need to know what "r" affects, and if it just defines the
current scroll region.)

Thanks
Scott Kilau

Gary A. Clark  garyc@jeld-wen.com
#include <std/disclamer.h>  // Needed at work
"Buy 'em books, send 'em to school and all they do is eat the pages."
-