argv[0] has no full path name on winnt

Fergus Henderson fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Jul 13 20:08:00 GMT 1997

Arlindo da Silva <dasilva@woodmore.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

>I have this wrapper application which uses argv[0] to figure out the
>directory where it was been installed, setting up all the other
>necessary enviroment variables before firing up the main
>application.

cygwin32 is a Unix emulation library, and on Unix there is no
guarantee that argv[0] will contain the full path.

So if you want the full path name, you should use the appropriate
Win32 function to get it (as someone else advised), not argv[0].

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
WWW: < http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh >   |  of excellence is a lethal habit"