get rid of drive letters!

ssb@guardian.no ssb@guardian.no
Wed Jul 16 13:45:00 GMT 1997

I guess a lot of people have problems with the braindead drive letters
from DOS when using gnu-win32.  What about solving this by making a
new drive, let's say U: (for universal) that maps all other drives as
subdirectories and has support for symbolic links?  This is the way
the drive problem was solved on the Atari's multitasking extension
(MiNT), and it works great as soon as you get symlinks for /bin etc.

I suppose writing such a virtual filesystem is a breeze for someone
who knows how to do such things in Windows.  Since I don't I pass on
the idea to you guys, hoping that you'll like it enough to implement
it.

 - Stig
-