Beta 19 status

Luke Diamand lgd@atml.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 02:40:00 GMT 1997

Hi!

Tim Iverson writes:
 > I just noticed the gdb GUI comment.  Does this currently work for remote
 > debug sessions over a serial line?  Also, how GUI is it?  Some folks here
 > have become quite spoiled by the nice GUIs presented by Microsoft's and
 > Boarlund's debuggers -- is it as GUI as those?

Tcp/ip works fine, but the serial line seemed to be broken on Win32
for the target I was using (remote-rdp), although it's ok on linux.

How GUI is it, you ask?

For a first release it's pretty good. It puts up the source code and
higlights the line you're at, you can double-click to set/clear
breakpoints and examine data.

The most irritating feature is that the GUI freezes while waiting for
the target - so you can't interrupt it.

It is not (IMO) as visually appealing as Microsoft's GUI - but as is
ever the case, you do get a grown-up debugger - not the mickey-mouse
thing that Microsoft fob off on us.

Cheers!
Luke Diamand

--