Problems running usertools.exe & cdk.exe

Robert Seeger Robert_Seeger@baynetworks.com
Wed Jul 23 15:55:00 GMT 1997

Hi. I just found the GNU-Win32 tools, and I was quite excited to get them
installed on my system. However, I've run into a problem. I've seen
questions on this problem before (in the archives), but was not able to
find an answer. My problem is that, when I run either of the programs, I
get the following in an error dialog:

The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free disk space
available in the TEMP directory.

However, I have plenty of space in my c: drive (where /TEMP is). I get the
feeling that the %s should actually be a filename, and that is what the
problem is, butI don't know what to do about it. I tried dowloading the
files from one of the other servers. I also tried dowloading through
netscape and through ftp (both binary). I still can't figure out what the
problem is.

I'm running on NT4.0 Workstation (as administrator) on a pentium pro 200.
The system is brand new (2 days) and I have plenty of free space. I
dowloaded the files from the 'latest' directory.  If there is anything else
I should be specifying, let me know.

			Thanks in advance for any help,
			Robert Seeger

PS: Perhaps there should be a section in the FAQ for 'known problems with
installation, and how to solve them' ?
Robert Seeger
Network Engineer
Bay Networks