cross on SGI IRIX 6.2 now ok

Philippe GIACINTI giac@dalim.de
Thu Jul 24 01:28:00 GMT 1997

Hi,

I have found the problem with generation of dll on SGI IRIX 6.2.
The problem was located in generation of base file in ld, and not in dlltool
In bfd/cofflink.c we have this kind of code:

	bfd_vma addr = ...
	fwrite (&addr, 1,4, (FILE *) info->base_file);

the problem is that on SGI a bfd_vma is a "long long" (size 64 bits), so only
the 4 first bytes (which are always 0) are written.

For fixing this bug we only have to cast addr in a 32 bits value. My problem is
that the type "uint32" doesn't exist anymore, so I used a cast to "long",
hoping that the size of "long" is always 32 bits (???????).
May be can somebody find a cleaner solution, in this case send me a mail.

You can find, attached to this mail, the corresponding diff file.

Best regards.

|                         Philippe GIACINTI                                |
| DALiM GmbH R&D                                email:  giac@dalim.de      |
| Daimler Strasse 2,                            tel:    +49.7851.9196-28   |
| D-77694 Kehl-Sundheim Germany                 fax:    +49.7851.73576	   |