GNUWIN32 Question

$Bill Luebkert dbe@wgn.net
Wed Jun 11 22:16:00 GMT 1997

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> Robert wrote:
> > <<File: ATT00000.att>>
> > I love your product, I just need one thing. A kbhit() function. The

Don't want to step on any toes here, but there are a couple of syntactic
errors in this code fragment (marked below).  Haven't tried the code,
so I can't say anything about the logic (which looks ok). :)

> #include <sys/socket.h>
> #include <sys/time.h>
>
> int kbhit()
> {
>         FD_SET rfds;

Should be lowercase:
          fd_set rfds;

>         struct timeval tv;
>
>         FD_ZERO(&rfds);
>         FD_SET(0, &rfds);
>         tv.tv_sec = 0;
>         tv.tv_usec = 0;
>         select(1, &rfds, 0, 0, &tv);

Could check for error return here, but not too likely.

>         return(FD_ISSET(0, &rfds);

Leave off the first paren:
          return FD_ISSET(0, &rfds);

> }

Just in case robert isn't an experienced programmer. :)

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles