Filename completion

$Bill Luebkert dbe@wgn.net
Wed Jun 25 05:21:00 GMT 1997

Bruno Wozniak wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Isn't it possible to have the filename completion under bash
> when you choose the vi-style for command line editing ?
>
> (like Bourne Shell or Korne Shell under Unix System)

Currently I have my .inputrc set to this:

	set editing-mode vi
	set keymap vi
	set show-all-if-ambiguous on

without the last line, you have to hit TAB two or three times before
you are shown the possible completions.  Check the man page (search
for complet, completion, completing).  A lot of the completion
writeups only shows Emacs style keyins; not sure if they have a vi
alternate.

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles