cygwin.dll bug

Darren Whittaker djw@sage1.sagecorp.com
Thu Jun 26 09:19:00 GMT 1997

Hi,
  I would like to report a bug in cygwin.dll. I have a small program in
which the last thing it does is to use the system() call. When this
program is run under bash it works just fine, but when I run it under the
NT command line or as a cgi under IIS it fails, leaving the program
started by the system() call forever looping generating a stack trace.
This worked fine until I upgrade to b18, which I noticed changed system().

  In trying to debug the problem it appears that the parent is being told
by system() that everything completed okay so my program terminates but
the background program is still trying to run! If I place a sleep() after
the system() call then my program works.

  This program is for a WEB project and needs to work, I would appreciate
any help that you can give me. I know that this is an "unsupported"
product and if I can help please let me know.

Thank you,
  Darren