bash won't hand off to tcsh

JP Shipherd jp@nuancecom.com
Tue Mar 4 00:04:00 GMT 1997

Hi,

  I've got lots of csh shell scripts.  To my joy today I found a copy of
tcsh.exe which I put in /bin.  (I even copied it to csh.exe at one point).

  However if I run a script like setfoo:

#!/bin/csh -f
setenv foo FooIsSet
echo $foo
exit(0)

  from a bash shell, bash insists on trying to interpret the script itself
instead of handing it off to the command interpreter I'm specifying on the
first line.  As you might imagine it doesn't deal with setenv too well.

  (The script runs fine if I exec tcsh first and then run it).

  Am I missing something simple?

  Does bash not allow other shells to muscle in on it's turf?

Thanks for any help.  I don't relish rewriting over 200 scripts.

--jp
-