Link Errors with Net Functions

Michael Godfrey godfrey@io.nosc.mil
Tue Mar 11 14:46:00 GMT 1997

I'm having trouble linking with the htons(), htonl(), ntohs(), and
ntohl() host to/from network byte order functions.

The compile is clean, and although these functions reside in cygwin.dll,
I still get the following type of error message at link time:

     ...libwhatever.a(NetInt.o): In function `NetInt::write(char *)':
     .../NetInt.cc:20: undefined reference to `htonl(unsigned long)'

Anyone encountered this before?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

-Mike Godfrey (godfrey@nosc.mil)
-