[Help]: Creating libraries to interface DLLs

Jonas Nygren ehsjony@ehs.ericsson.se
Thu Mar 13 09:41:00 GMT 1997

I need to use DLLs that are not supported by gnu-win32. I have tried to
use MS based libraries together with GCC in gnu-win32 but have
failed to get a running application. Is it possible to generate executables
from a mix of gnu-win32 and MS libraries?

If not, are there any descriptions of how to create your own lib*.a for a
DLL.

I have access to the necessary C header files (*.h) as well as
libraries in MS library and object format. Is it possible to generate
a library in gnu-win32's library format (*.a) from the MS based headers
and libraries.

I have so far scanned the gnu-win32 related pages and mailing list. I found
a reference to windows32api-0.1.2 by Scott Christley. Though, it left out
the
step of how to create libraries.

Any help or pointers are appreciated,

/jonas