still installation problems

collver@dnc.net collver@dnc.net
Wed Mar 26 10:27:00 GMT 1997

> I unpacked all.tar.gz in one directory with the
> preconfigured subdirs, set PATH to ".../H-i386-cygwin32/bin/"
> and GCC_EXEC_PREFIX to ".../H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/"
> and get follwing result with gcc:
>
> bash$ gcc tst.c
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or directory
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 127
>
> Any ideas what this means, what happend or what I can do or search for?

  Try looking at your batch file where you set the environment
variables.

This may fail because of the lowercase variable name:
  set gcc_exec_prefix=c:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\

This may fail because the spaces before the path will actually be
stored in the variable:
  set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX =     c:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\

This ought to work:
  set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=c:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
Ben.
-