Missing proto for sigaction() in <sys/signal.h>

Jim Balter jqb@netcom.com
Fri Mar 28 09:25:00 GMT 1997

Jim Balter wrote:

> Mumit Khan wrote:
> >
> > Jim Balter <jqb@netcom.com> writes:
> > >
> > > [<signal.h> actually; POSIX doesn't mandate <sys/sygnal.h>]
> > >
> > > Aside from sigaction, the following symbols mandated by POSIX are
> > > missing from signal.h:
> > >
> > > SIGCONT

> *with the POSIX standard in my hand*

Well, I had it in hand, but I was reading the wrong section.
As I should be sensitive to from my time on the ANSI C committee,
appendices are not part of the standard, so the section that lists
the contents of signal.h is not a mandate.  In fact, it is not necessary
to define SIGCONT (or the other job control signals: SIGSTOP, SIGTSTP,
SIGTTIN, SIGTTOU) on systems that don't support job control.

--
<J Q B>
-