Problems building with native tools

Peter G. Vavaroutsos petev@eclipse-technologies.com
Fri Mar 28 13:27:00 GMT 1997

In the beta 17.1 release I have come across the following problems when trying to build a cross compiler with a native toolchain:

1) The gcc directory needs a symbolic link "ld -> ../ld/ld.new".

2) The native gcc appends ".exe" to output filenames if they have no extension. This causes problems when install.sh tries to copy "filename" when "filename.exe" was created by the compiler. I modified install.sh to look for the file with a ".exe" extension if it didn't exist. This fix is hacked due to problem number 3.

3) The bash shell returns true for the following test when "filename.exe" exists and "filename" does not.

	if [ -f filename ] then
		.
		.
	fi

4) Many of the makefiles call for bison but bison is not included in the release. I used "make BISON=byacc" to get around this.
install.sh