b18 - rm still has the ol' same dir name bug?

kunglao@prairienet.org kunglao@prairienet.org
Wed May 14 13:58:00 GMT 1997

I was rebuilding groff/man this morning, and when I went to delete
groff with the usual rm -rf, much to my horror, dirs with a subdir
by the same name give a warning and won't be deleted.

bash$ md a
bash$ md a/b
bash$ md a/b/b
bash$ rm -rf a
rm: WARNING: Circular directory structure.
This almost certainly means that you have a corrupted file system.
NOTIFY YOUR SYSTEM MANAGER. Cycle detected: a/b/b is the same file as
a bash$

That's basically how a couple groff dirs are set up.  You have to rm
a/* first, then rm -rf a to get around.

Also, tar has been spewing a ton of messages about not being able to
change access and modification times on the dirs it extracts, on my
Win95 at least.

---
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Ni!' at will to old
ladies.  There is a pestulance upon this land, nothing is sacred.  Even those
who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress of
this period of history."                                   -- Roger the Shrubber
-