kaffe 0.9 and gnuwin b18 don't mix

Peter Ham peterham@peterham.com
Sat May 17 21:04:00 GMT 1997

The memory manager in kaffe-0.9 requires that the operating system
memory allocator return "page" aligned pointers.

Unfortunately, gnuwin b18 doesn't support memalign(), or valloc(), and
malloc doesn't return data aligned to kaffe's
preference.

This causes a crash on gnuwin b18 immediately upon running
HelloWorld with a stack trace similar to the one reported
on AIX by Kevin B. Hendricks (kbhend@dogwood.tyler.wm.edu.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to work around this? I
can't think of any easy way.

For now, I think that I will try kaffe-0.8.x if it's still
available.

Any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Peter Ham