Fix to readline for case-insensitive file-name completion

Larry Hall lhall@rfk.com
Tue May 20 21:40:00 GMT 1997


At 10:28 AM 5/20/97 +0400, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
>Michael Condict wrote:
>>
>> Geoffrey,
>>
>> I found the case-sensitive file-name completion in bash unuseable in
>> Windows, because one often doesn't know the case of names in advance.
>> So I changed it to case-insensitive by adding a few lines to
>>
>> 		bash/lib/readline/complete.c
>>
>> I'd like to propose that this feature be integrated into the next
>> release of Cygnus Win32.
>
>Sometimes I'm using case-sensitive file names with cygnus tools (just by 
>adding FILE_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS to some CreateFile calls in cygwin.dll). 
>Huh?-) Moreover, if I have two directories "X11R6.3" and "xfiles" I prefer 
>different completions for X<TAB> and x<TAB>.
>
>--
>Sergey Okhapkin
>Moscow, Russia
>Looking for a job.
>
>

If we're voting, I'm with Sergey.  If there's going to be a change, I'd like
it to be configurable.

Larry Hall                              lhall@rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (617) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                          (617) 239-1655 - FAX
Wellesley, MA  02181                             

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".



More information about the Cygwin mailing list