Picking up include directories automatically

JP Shipherd jp@nuancecom.com
Wed May 21 09:56:00 GMT 1997

At 10:39 AM 5/15/97 -0700, Mikey wrote:
>Since the dll and gcc now support dos style naming.
>and the dll supports UNC's the need for // isn't really apparent,
>at least not to me .
>I'm kind of surprised that Geoff left the support in the dll,
>(plus \\\\c is a pretty awkward way to refer to c)

Here's a reason for keeping the //c/dir rather than using the dos c:/dir

export MYPATH=c:/dir

Now put this in your Makefile and watch gnumake choke:

$(MYPATH)/target.o:	target.c
	$(BUILD_OBJECT)

Whoops now you've got a colon in your target.  That just don't work.

--jp
-