bash path search bug & workarounds

Michael Hirmke mh@mike.franken.de
Thu May 29 09:17:00 GMT 1997

Hi Vassilii,

> I have both BC5 and gnu-win32 installed on my NT4.
> The gnu-win32 executables come before BC5 in my path.
>
> I wanted to create such an environment in which
>      in CMD -- GREP.COM and MAKE.EXE from BC
>      in bash -- gnu grep & make
> would start up when I simply type "grep" and "make".

Why don't you just create a .bashrc in your $HOME directory and change
the $PATH for that bash session in it ?
You could even do the same thing for cmd.exe with a small DOS batch.
Just create a shortcut with the following command line:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /e:2048 /k <drive>:\<path>\dosrc.bat

Then dosrc.bat gets executed and afterwards you get a command prompt. If you
change/set any environment variables in dosrc.bat, they exist for the
actual session.

[...]
> Your
>      BACbKA

Bye.
Michael.
--
Ich bin vom 1. Juni bis 3. Juli in Urlaub, Ihr muesst Euch also leider
bis dahin mit einer Antwort auf Euere Postings und Mails gedulden :))
-