Problems w/your patch on win95

Mikey *jeffdb@netzone.nospam.com
Thu May 29 17:27:00 GMT 1997

Hi Sergey

Thanks VERY much for the solution to the ^M problem, it was driving me
CRAZY, I wonder why it didn't mess up on NT?

there are some other caps that need to be deleted for TERM=linux to
work correctly on win95, xon=xo ccc=cc xenl=xn initc=Ic.

corrects no down arrow, left arrow.

Where are the lib*.a files to go with the X dll's? (more useful that
way no? ;^)

Guess you are probably getting tired of hearing from me about problems
with win95 right? ;^)

First time I ran bash with your dll that I downloaded, it ate my
registry.

this was after running for a while with my patched version, so I
figured ok, version conflict, no problem, ERD fix me right up.

With your patched dll, run the attached shell script
install.ncurses.txt in the .../ncurses/      directory, on a win95
box, like this

./install.ncurses.txt 2>&1|tee /tmp/errors.txt

The first time I did this with your dll that I downloaded, I got a
exception 0E in VCACHE.VMM during the make. LOCKUP!!

Once you see "checking for ranlib", you can ^C out, try it at least
twice from the same console.

With the dll that I built  with your winsup.diff file ;^), you will
get a lockup from user.exe. No Idea why.

Tried the same thing with your patched dll from ftp. same result.
after ^C.

It ate my registry again, I couldn't send this the first time.
This quickly gets old.
I think everyone appreciates the amount of work you have put in on
improving gnu-win32, but just like with prebeta18, you or someone
needs to test this stuff on all the target platforms, BEFORE it gets
released, OK?