GNU setup?

Scott Warner swarnerx3@acadia.net
Sat Nov 1 05:36:00 GMT 1997

Frank & casteed,

I have just set up gnu-win32.  Follow the instructions for installation, in
particular your autoexec.bat environmental variables (if you're running
Windows).  It should look like this:

SET PATH=%PATH%;D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;D:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin
SET GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
SET TCL_LIBRARY=D:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/lib/tcl7.6
SET GDBTK_LIBRARY=D:/gnuwin32/b18/share/gdbtcl
SET
LIBRARY_PATH=D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib;D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygw
in32\i386-cygwin32\lib;

Of course, you would substitute the drive letter appropriately.  To compile
a simple c file, use the format
			gcc -o file.exe file.c

or			g++ -o file.exe file.cpp

for a simple cpp file.  See the gnuwin32\b18\info\gcc.nfo for an
explanation of using the program.  If you want to use the Unix tools, I
can't help you there -- I'm learning that too.

I'll also point you to the following

http://www.wtvl.net/mike/webjr/begcpp.htm
http://www.relisoft.com/

for two very good tutorial sites, depending on where you're at.  Don't
hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

-