Win 95 Console Stuff...

Jason M. Felice jasonf@apk.net
Wed Nov 5 09:38:00 GMT 1997

Okay, okay, okay, apparently I have instigated fury in the hearts of the
hard-core *NIX fans (of which I am one).

Yes Windows is broken, Yes it's Microsoft's fault.  Yes, Windows NT,
Windows 95 and Windows CE comprise the OS family which doesn't fork.
<grin>

But frankly the new brand of computer user doesn't know what an OS is.
Making money in this industry is easy for the same reason: the new breed
of computer user doesn't *care* what an OS is.  There are computer users
who don't know what an OS is who maintain web sites ( and I plan to write
the software that makes it even easier ).  Would I trust NT for my own
personal web site.  Never!  I am more than willing to learn esoteric
factoids to gain every extra little smidgen of control over my system.

So if one of the new breed of computer users comes to me and says 'make me
something where I can click here and there and do this and not know
anything'  I say 'okay, install Windows 95 or Windows NT.'

Fixing console stuff for Win 95 is just because I write programs for the
broken OS and would like gnu-win32 to behave tolerably in regards to
console IO, and *especially* vim 4.5.  vim (through no fault of it's own,
I use it on Linux) is the most intolerable because of this.

-Jay 'Eraserhead' Felcie

-