Heap chunk size registry entry WAS: Towards a more user-friendly cygwin.dll

dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Nov 12 15:49:00 GMT 1997

Hi Ron, you wrote:

: After perusing the CDK source code I was able to find and verify the
: appropriate key. It is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
: Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0. The value must be named
: heap_chunk_in_mb and must be a DWORD value. BTW 4MB is the minimum.

Thanks, I'll investigate as time permits.
I did case blind searches in MSDN and Cygwin sources, but only literally
for heap_chunk_size!
Sergey/Geoffrey, can you please correct/enhance the error message to
the right name and mention the complete key in the source and FAQ?

Bye, Heribert (dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de)
-