heap_chunk_size [was:] Towards a more user-friendly cygwin.dll

dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Nov 12 15:49:00 GMT 1997

Hi Geoffrey, you wrote:

: I have never run into this problem but it is definitely there.  Cygwin32's
: fork does not know how to cope with split heaps which should explain the
: message.  Fixing this might require changing the fork internals to support
: an array of heap locations or something along those lines (to take a
: guess).

That was also my guess and I know it will be probably hairy to fix.
But now at least I have the workaround (see the messages of the thread).
Misspelling in the error message was the real problem here...
Anyway, I'd like to thank you, Sergey and others for their work so far!

Bye, Heribert (dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de)
-