Heap chunk size registry entry WAS: Towards a more user-friendly

Julian Stoev stoev@SPAM-RE-MO-VER-usa.net
Thu Nov 13 03:16:00 GMT 1997

Hello!
I found this group of messages and start to think, that may be the problem
has something to do with my recent troubles when using Cygwin with Matlab
generating DLL files. I am using the procedure to genarate DLL files for
MATLAB given it this mail list several months ago.

These DLL-s train neural networks and when I use DLL-s made with Cygwin,
some of them make errors. Only some of them do this. I did not test it
still, but the impression is that simle demos run OK, but real problems
don't work. So the problem is something like "memory dependent".

The same files work when compiled with Watcom, so I think the problem is
not in the source. As usual the amount of memory to train neural net is
quite big. My 64 MB RAM disapear even for modest size problems and here is
written about 4 MB limit......

Is it possible, that this key "heap_chunk_in_mb" can solve the problems?
I read, that I need a key "heap_chunk_in_mb", but in the same time the
question is about DWORD value? May be the autor wants to say "value"
instead of "key"?

Thanks!

Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:49:53 +0100 (MET)