mksifs

Bizzaro kunglao@prairienet.org
Thu Nov 13 14:01:00 GMT 1997

Michael Lorenz wrote:

> Hi !
>
> > I'm trying to make the mksifs program (this program is used to prepare
> > Rockridge format ISO-9660 CD image files), but I get an error on an the
> > following non-existent include file sys/sysmacros.h.
> this looks like a Linux kernel include...
> maybe it works when you fetch is from somewhere, but most likely not.
>
> > Or how to get around this nonexistent include file???
> comment out the include statement and see what't missing...

On Linux, it's a rather small file:

#ifndef _SYS_SYSMACROS_H
#define _SYS_SYSMACROS_H

#define major(dev) (((unsigned) (dev))>>8)
#define minor(dev) ((dev)&0xff)
#define makedev(major,minor) (((major)<<8)|(minor))

#endif

major(x) returns the upper byte of a 16bit value, minor(x) returning the lower,
and makedev(x,y) combining the two.
-