mount -b option question

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:57:00 GMT 1997

You should generally mount with the -b option.  To change the / mount do
this:

cd /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
./umount /
./mount -b D:\\ /

This is assuming that you are executing in bash.  If you have a .bashrc
file you will need to:

cp .bashrc /tmp/.bashrc
tr -d "\r" < /tmp/.bashrc > .bashrc

in order to remove the \r.  Changing to binary mode does NOT remove the
\r automatically from any file.  It does stop prepending \r to the \n.

I also suggest that you have a directory /text and then mount that
directory as text!=binary. ie "mount D:\\text /text".  This way you can
easily have the \r if needed for other WIN32 type programs.

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------