Bash as the interactive shell in Emacs 19.34.6 for NT not working

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:28:00 GMT 1997

>From: marcus@bighorn.dr.lucent.com
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:56:44 -0700
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>Subject: Re: Bash as the interactive shell in Emacs 19.34.6 for NT not
working

---snip---

>If you mount with text=binary, though, you set the default to be
opening
>files in binary mode.  In this case, it is not possible to open a file
in
>text mode at all, so all the text files must be Unix style text files
>since there is no translation provided by cygwin32.

I don't think this is true.  I can create files with \r\n combinations
in text=binary and files with only \n in text!=binary.

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------