egcs version of gcc - problems

Kevin Hughes kh@wg.icl.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 00:11:00 GMT 1997

-----Original Message-----
From:	Kevin Hughes [SMTP:kh@wg.icl.co.uk]
Sent:	Thursday, November 20, 1997 9:51 AM
To:	'g95'
Subject:	egcs version of gcc - problems

I obtained the egcs version of gnu and installed it. Everything looked good but the compiler would not find the includes.
After much investigation I have discovered that the compiler does not appear to look at the C_INCLUDE_PATH environment variable and hence fails to find the includes. It does use the CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH [ I used the -v option to see what it was looking at]

I installed the egcs version over the top of the standard one so its inbuilt spec. should have found the same includes as the old original gcc.

Much confused

Kevin

-

After much investigation it turns out I was failing to set the CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH prperly - it needs both the c++ includes AND the c includes hence I now have it set to

/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include:/gnuwin32/b18/include/g++

and it works fine (well it finds all its includes)

Kevin

-