g++, opengl, and STDCALL, * __attribute__ ((stdcall)) problem.

ulisses mello mello@ldgo.columbia.edu
Fri Nov 28 23:22:00 GMT 1997

I am trying to compile a simple program (cube.c) with g++. I have no
problem to compile it using gcc. However, GL/gl.h does not compile in
g++. For example, I get the error:

sintax error before '__attribute__' on the function

WINGDIAP const GLubyte * APIENTRY glGetString( GLenum name);

making the substitutions from windows.h it becomes:

const GLubyte * __attribute ((stdcall)) glGetString( GLenum name);

I am aware the g++ flags an error for things like:

int * __stdcall foo(); // but has no problems with
int __stdcall *  foo();

But changing the order of * in gl.h has not solved the problem.

Has anyone encountered (and solved) this problem before?

Cheers -- ulisses.
-