Problems with Petzold programs

Ben McGunigle ben@bcgrizzly.com
Sat Oct 4 09:46:00 GMT 1997

Greetings all.

I am learning Win95 programming using the Petzold book and the
minimalist compiler. I have had trouble with the PlaySound() function
and the SND_* defines being nonexistent (Example program hellowin.c).
The SM_RESERVED1 - 4 defines (sysmets.h) are likewise absent from the
header files. I assume they are present by default in the MS compiler
recommended by the book

Can any of you tell me to whom I should whine and/or how I can fix the
problem? No, I am NOT going to buy the MS compiler. GCC works quite
nicely.

Thanks

-