bash and non us keyboard

Stéphane Guiboud-Ribaud guiboud@netmansys.fr
Wed Oct 8 02:10:00 GMT 1997

Fritz Heinrichmeyer wrote:

> Hello, i saw a lot of questions but no answer:
>
> How can i use the AltGr keys together with bash?
>
> Greetings
>
> --
> Fritz Heinrichmeyer mailto:fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de
> FernUniversitaet Hagen, LG Elektronische Schaltungen, 58084 Hagen (Germany)
> tel:+49 2331/987-1166 fax:987-355 http://ES-sun1.fernuni-hagen.de/~jfh
> PGP fingerprint (mail for key): 160BDF84 3F2F63C0  5CA20D31 3E42D116
>
> -

 I have the same problem resolve by using the "[" special key.
With an AZERTY keyboard, to get characters using the AltGr special key
you need to, first press AltGr-[, then AltGr-[key-expected].
Examples: For the # character, press
                    AltGr-[, then AltGr-#, and it appears '#' in the bash
shell.
It works fine and you sounds a bell.

Stephane