Sun RPC / XDR port

Tim Writer Tim.Writer@ftlsol.com
Thu Oct 9 16:37:00 GMT 1997

eric@cebnet.CEB.McMaster.CA (Eric G. Bosch) writes:

> I'm looking for a port of Sun's (ONC) version of the RPC / XDR mechanism
> to gnu-win32.  Can anyone provide information?

I don't know of a port to gnu-win32, but there is:

        http://borneo.gmd.de/~mfg/oncrpc.html

A free port of ONC RPC which works with Visual C++ and friends.

> Alternatively, can anyone share experience in compiling with the
> Microsoft RPC / NDR libraries and gnu-win32?  Does this work, and if so
> how is it done?

I haven't tried it but Microsoft RPC is based on DCE RPC and, therefore,
can't interoperate with ONC RPC clients and servers.

--
Tim Writer                                              Tim.Writer@ftlsol.com
FTL Solutions Inc.