Accessing pathname translation...

Arlindo da Silva arlindo@niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 17 04:57:00 GMT 1997

> I'm trying to build a patch for NT Emacs to support Cygnus-style
> pathnames,

Does that includes symlinks?

> a full port onto GNUWin32 is not practical or
> even really necessary.   All that is required is consistent
> mapping of filenames.

I see myself more and more logging on to my NT remotely from a SGI. What would
be really lovely is networl transparency X windows support, so that I could pop
up a NT emacs window on my workstation. You don't really need gnuwin32
for that as X11R6.3 compiles out of the tarfile with MSVC.

   Arlindo.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva@alum.mit.edu