ln and cp problem solved - bash 2.01 fault?

Kevin Hughes kh@wg.icl.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 00:38:00 GMT 1997

I had a probelm with ln -s not setting the correct attributes. I downloaded
the latest coolview and hey presto the problem went away - magic.

In the altest coolview I also got a new bash (2.01) This appears to be much
quicker - subjectivly at least BUT I had some functionality problems. All my
discs are mounted test!=binary and when executing a script which contains
something like

	x=`pwd`

I get an error which looks like a newline/cr problem as if its ignoring the last`. If I remove the lines with a ` as the last character it all works (well
it doesnt function but there are no errors). Anyone any suggestions?

Kevin
-