use of mount -b

Fernandes, Hilton hfernandes@geocities.com
Wed Oct 29 16:04:00 GMT 1997

On 28 Oct 97 at 23:16, Pasa Guglielmo <gpasa@omedia.ch> wrote:

> So my question is why and when should I mount my system as binary ?

Hi!

As far as i know, you should use binary mounts when using binary (Unix) texts.
And non-binary mounts when using non-binary texts.

That's probably a simplistic idea, but in my experience, some programs --
particularly make -- crash when they find a non-binary (DOS) text file in a
mount where it expects binary (Unix) text files.

Regards,
++Hilton
----
Hilton Fernandes
hfernandes@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5657
URLs and help on C++ programming and Object-Oriented Design
-