RCS for WinNT
Jeff McCarrell
jwm@eng.cccpp.com
Mon Sep 1 11:21:00 GMT 1997
There is a complete working implementation of RCS as part of the
Reed Kotler toolset available for free download:
http://www.reedkotler.com/
-- jeff
At 04:43 PM 8/31/97 +0300, Henrik Geleff wrote:
> I think it is posible to compile RCS with the cygwin tools, I have tried
>but not succeeded -- I think I did not try hard enough.
>
>I know two sources of working binaries:
>
> http://www.componentsoftware.com/csrcs/
>
>and
>
> http://www.mks.com/solution/si/
>
>
>Don't tell me that both are comercial, I know, but they work and US $49 for
>the Component Source solution is not alot !!!
>
>
>
>Regards with the hope that it helps you
>
>Henrik Geleff
>
>
>-----Original Message---
>From: sshteingold@cctrading.com <sshteingold@cctrading.com>
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
>Date: 31 August 1997 15:38
>Subject: RCS for WinNT
>
>
>
>>
>> I looked at this mailing list's archive and there were only 3 messages
>> about RCS - 2 about compiling it, and one requesting binaries. None
>> answered, so I repeat the question:
>> Where can I get the working RCS binaries for winnt?
>> I have the latest cygwin32 (rcs is not included), but neither who nor
>> whoami work:
>>
>> C:\home\sds>who am i
>> who: /var/run/utmp: No such file or directory
>>
>> C:\home\sds>whoami
>> whoami: cannot find username for UID 500
>>
>> (I have an environment var USER set, but apparently it's not enough).
>> Also, I use binary (aka UNIX) file format (no CRLF, just LF). Will RCS
>> work with it? (someone claimed that RCS 5.6 converts everything to
>> text - aka DOS - file format)
>>
>> If possible, please send me a mail copy of your kind reply.
>> Thanks.
>> Sam
>>
>>
>>-
>>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>>"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
>>
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
>
>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list