Is it possible to use cygwin32.dll using VC++

ian@cygnus.com ian@cygnus.com
Thu Sep 4 21:18:00 GMT 1997

>I have tried to port some small UNIX utilities to Win NT.. and it will
>be tedious if rewrite them in WIN32 API.. but my boss insisted that I
>cannot use 'free' compiler like g++.. :(

If your boss won't let you use a free compiler like g++, but will let
you use a free library like cygwin32, then your boss is seriously
confused.

>So is it possible to use cygwin32.dll with VC++?

In principle, sure: a DLL is a DLL.  In practice, try it and see what
happens.

Ian
-