Bash history?

Andy Piper andyp@parallax.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 21:18:00 GMT 1997

Hi,

I am having a few problems with bash. Any help appreciated:

1) ~ seems to be interpreted wrongly. If I do `cd ~' I get:
bash.exe: C:WINNTProfilesandyp: No such file or directory
cd $HOME works fine. Somehow the /'s are getting stripped out.

2) History is not preserved between sessions. Although bash
writes out a history file - .bash_history - correctly. It is not read when
I start a new bash. Nor can it be read manually. This means my history is
always liimited to the current session which is annoying.

This is NT 4 SP3.

andy
   ___                ____         	Dr Andy Piper
  / _ \___ ________ _/ / Solutions_	(require 'disclaimer)