Foreign libraries

Andrey A. Kulaga kulaga@rp3.menatep.ru
Tue Sep 9 23:33:00 GMT 1997

I'm trying to port big banking application from Solaris to NT
using gnu-win32 tools. My application will use Ingres and Tuxedo
libraries (*.lib). The libraries are very big, and i don't want to find
which dll contains particular call. Moreover, the libraries could contain
*.obj files for static linking.

I have two question about

1) Will Cygnus provide support for linking *.lib libraries in the near future?
   I think it's badly required for serious applications.

2) Is there correct and fast method to transform *.lib libraries to *.a libraries

				Andrey A. Kulaga, Bank MENATEP

-