B19 runs okay with Win95, Netware?

Mark H. Wood mwood@mhw.oit.iupui.edu
Mon Apr 6 17:20:00 GMT 1998

Should I be able to use beta 19 installed on a Netware file server (with
long namespace loaded), running on Windows 95, and accessed through
Novell's Client32?  I keep getting the dreaded "installation error"
complaining that cpp couldn't be found.  The FAQ said this means that
some environment variable is undefined, but I checked and it is defined
and looks correct.  (I couldn't find any doco. on just how it *should* be
defined, but I'm getting it set by the CYGNUS.BAT that the install kit
built for me.)  If I tinker with it (replacing short names with long
ones) I can get past that, but then get a similar message about inability
to find as .  ???

(I really don't want to install locally.  The workstation is a test
system that might be blown away at any time (except for my roving
profile).  Besides, this sort of package belongs on a file server anyway.
:-|  )

One more time:  a (level-2) switch is a bridge.  A "level-3 switch" is
a router.  Deal with it.

-